If you’re looking to hire wall tile installation tradespeople, this article can point you in the right direction. Because of Covid home renovation delays, hiring a tradesperson has become increasingly challenging. However, if you post your wall tiling project on the super helpful MyJobQuote website, you’ll be able to obtain free quotes from local wall tilers. I will share my tips on hiring wall tile installers to help you start your project. I’ve refurbished quite a few kitchens and bathrooms throughout my years as a homeowner. Also, as a builder’s daughter, I’ve picked up a few tips along the way.
Hiring Wall Tile Installation Tradespeople Ten Tips
Tiling walls is one of those jobs that pays to hire an expert. The suitable tiles and a high-end finish can transform your bathroom or kitchen. Getting it wrong can look shoddy, cost you money to rectify, and cause water leak problems. To avoid making these mistakes, read my ten tips below.
- Always get three quotes for the tiling job to compare the prices. Unless saving money is your priority, a low price doesn’t always mean a high standard of work.
2. Check the reviews for each tiler and ask to see photographs of their recent projects.
3. Be clear on precisely what the tiler’s quote includes. Do the existing tiles need to be removed and disposed of? How many square meters of tiles do they need to install? Tell them about the tile material, shape and size. Intricate patterns will cost more, so make sure they know your design ideas in advance. Additional items to consider are who is supplying the tile edging trim, adhesive, grout and silicone.
4. Provide the tiler with pictures of your bathroom and the wall measurements.
5. Confirm the tile installation date and timescale of the tiling job.
6. Agree on the payment terms. Hold funds back until the job is completed and you are satisfied with the work.
7. Talk the tiler through the project on-site so they know what you want to achieve. Discuss where the main tile joining focal points are in the room, for example, centering a tile behind the shower control panel.
8. Keeping the tiler hydrated with tea and coffee can help keep the working relationship sweet! It also gives you an excuse to pop your head around the door to keep an eye on the progress.
9. Approve the job before releasing the final payment. Be mindful that you may not be happy with the results, so when you hire the tiler, ask what their procedure is should this situation arise. Some tilers may provide a guarantee for their work.
10. Leave an honest online review to help others looking to hire a tradesperson for their project.
Make sure you purchase suitable tiles for walls and floors. Remember that the bigger the tiles, the quicker the job, which will keep the costs down. Get a tile sample to feel the texture and how heavy it is. Lightweight tiles will be easier to adhere to walls.
Hiring Wall Tile Installation Tradespeople Information
MyJobQuote makes hiring professional tradespeople and getting quotes easy. To gauge how much tilers cost, please look at their guide: Wall Tile Installation Costs. It talks you through the different types of tiles, considerations and prices. When you are ready to hire a tradesperson, log onto MyJobQuote. Click post a job, select wall tilers, and give a description, price guide and timeline. By adding your postcode, you will be connected to local wall tilers. What a brilliant way to find a professional to do your tiling, plumbing, painting, odd jobs and anything else to keep your home and garden in tip-top condition. Good luck with your project, my lovelies.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: Homegirl London. Disclosure: This is a sponsored post/advertising.