Here are my Ten Tips For Staging Your Living Room. An important room to pay attention to when you are selling your home is the lounge. This should be a welcoming space to entice potential buyers. Decluttering, cleaning, decorating and staging may take time, but it will be well worth the effort. I’ve listed my Ten Tips For Staging Your Living Room to get you started.
Carter Occasional Chair, £450 from Cox and Cox (product code: 1225235)
Ten Tips For Staging Your Living Room
10 Tips For Staging Your Living Room:
1. Declutter: The living room should be a place where you can relax and unwind. That means ditching any clutter you have. No one wants to see piles of magazines, an extensive array of family photographs or your collection of ceramic figurines.
2. Clean: Clean this room from top to bottom making sure every surface is gleaming and dust-free. Buff wooden floors have carpets professionally cleaned, wipe down the sofa and ensure windows are spotless.
3. Decorate: Refreshing the wall, ceiling and woodwork paint is easier than you think and could clinch that all-important sale. Buyers are often put off if they think they might need to repaint. Keep the colours neutral and go for white rather than a cream.
4. Repair: Fix that squeaky door, broken coffee table and replace any furniture that looks old fashioned or tired.
5. Disguise: If you’re on a budget you can hide a stained carpet with a rug and cover a ripped sofa armrest with a throw.
Charcoal Tassel Cushion, £50 from Cox and Cox (product code: 1822396)
6. Rearrange: Play around with the furniture arrangement to ensure the room doesn’t look overcrowded and maximise views of the garden.
7. Buy: If the sofa looks old and faded, buy a new one which is up to date. This will make your home feel contemporary and enticing.
8. Borrow: If you have a limited budget you can always ask relatives or friends if you can borrow an armchair or a desirable decorative object from their home.
9. Theme: Select an appropriate interior theme for your living room. Take into account the period of your property and the potential target market. For example, a young professional couple may be tempted by a contemporary interior. The interior theme will help you select appropriate furniture and home accessories. For example, a clean Scandinavian interior will consist of white, natural wood and a neutral colour palette.
10. Stage: Once you’ve rearranged the furniture it’s time to stage this room with indoor plants, on-trend cushions, and a few decorative objects. Pick a couple of colours for your room theme which will help you narrow down the home accessories you select. A new piece of wall art can transform a room and give it the wow factor. Hide any trailing wires and unplug the TV if the electric cords look messy. A vase of fresh flowers will instantly lift the living room and give it a pop of colour. Remember that you can take these new purchases with you to your new property, so buy objects you like. The smell is an important factor when selling your home so air out the rooms and get rid of pet, smoking and cooking odors.
Ten Tips For Staging Your Living Room Inspiration
Burnished Gild and Antiqued Glass Coffee Table, £675 from Cox and Cox (product code: 1222033)
If you need some inspiration for living room staging have a look at my Living Room Inspiration Pinterest Board. You should also view other properties within your price range in the area on property websites. This will give you a few ideas about what potential buyers will be viewing. Flick through interior magazines to ascertain which vases and cushions are popular at the moment. Remember that a few well-chosen home accessories go a long way to creating a gorgeous living space. This staging won’t go to waste because you will be having marketing photographs taken. Take your time and create a room that is memorable for all the right reasons.
Ten Tips For Staging Your Living Room Post Credits
Author: Homegirl London. Thanks: No one assisted with this feature. Photographs: Featured image shows the Abington Sofa, £1880 from Rowen and Wren at notonthehighstreet.com (product code: 579079). The other products are all from Cox and Cox. Disclosure: This feature includes the following affiliate partners – notonthehighstreet.com and Cox and Cox (if you click through from my website and purchase items from the affiliates, I will earn a small commission).