Homegirl London finds Christmas gifts for couples. If you’re deliberating over what to buy your couple friends this year, house gifts or Christmas food presents might be a good place to start. I’ve searched around online and located a few items from The Conran Shop, Houseology, Twinings and Fortnum and Mason. Everything I’ve selected is premium quality and designed for those with great taste. I hope you like my Christmas gifts for couples.
Christmas Gifts For Couples
My Favourite Christmas Gifts for Couples
The Conran Shop is a stylish store full of designer furniture, home accessories and cool gifts. They also have a great website so you can browse online. I’ve picked out some home fragrance and barware items for you to admire. Some items are under £60 and I’ve also added a couple of luxury pieces if you have plenty of cash to spread around.
The Conran Shop Finds
- True Grace Manor Orangery Diffuser: Relaxing scent of orange, geranium, rose and jasmine which comes beautifully packaged in a gift box – £43
- Cire Trudon Abd El Khader Room Spray: Exquisite fragrance of fresh mint, ginger, lemon and apple in a hand made bottle by an Italian glassmaker – £175
- Cage Triangle Bottle Opener: Cast in brass from hand carved waxes to produce a modern and graphic designed bottle opener – £60
- Madras Small Honey Hand Blown Glass Tumbler: Colourful hand blown tumbler produced in France which comes in six colours and two sizes – £35
- Amber Tear Drop Small Decanter: Handcrafted contemporary glassware by Los Angeles designer Joe Cariati – £450
Houseology is a fabulous online retailer selling designer furniture, home accessories, decorative objects, kitchenware and glassware. I’ve picked out a number of their glass objects which are beautiful and functional. These gifts are ideal for friends who love hosting dinner parties.
- LSA Wine Duck Carafe: Unusually shaped wine carafe with handle for easy pouring – £40
- Alessi Anna G Corkscrew: This iconic design features the smiling face of woman which is chrome plated with a choice of five colours – £29.95
- LSA Wine Stemless Wine Glasses: Set of four mouth blown glass wine glasses – £27
- Sagaform Cheese Dome: Beautiful round oak base with mouth blown glass cover which is perfect for serving cheese at a dinner party – £33
- Sagaform Oil Vinegar Bottle with Cork: Contemporary bottle with cork which can be used for oil or vinegar – £22
For friends who love tea, treat them to a grown up tea set and don’t forget to buy them some tea leaves to go with it! Twinings Teashop, the tea makers, also sell some great tea accessories online from cool designers. I loved this tea set by Bombay Duck and the Christmas Afternoon tea.
Twinings Teashop Finds
- Bombay Duck Smitten Teapot: Art Deco inspired white teapot with lavish gold handle and trimming – £29.13
- Bombay Duck Smitten Sugar Bowl: Cute bowl with gold detailing for cubes or sugar grains – £10.70
- Bombay Duck Smitten Milk Jug: Lovely jug for milk or cream – £10.95
- Bombay Duck Smitten Teacup and Saucer: Adorable teacups and saucers to match the set – £10.70
- Etched Glass Storage Jar: Useful vintage style glass storage jar with antique brass lid
- Christmas Caddy Afternoon Tea: Black tea with flavours of Christmas cake in a smart presentation tin – £6.50
- Miss Etoile Gold Heart Tea Strainer: Cute heart shaped strainer for tea lovers who don’t have a teapot – £6
Fortnum & Mason is such a beautiful store located at Piccadilly in London. If you don’t have time to visit the shop don’t worry because you can buy online. Look for their branded items, I’ve picked out a fragranced candle, espresso cups, cake stand, chocolates and biscuits to give you an idea of what’s available.
Fortnum & Mason Finds
- Fortnum’s Finest Milk and Dark Truffles: Indulgent traditionally made truffles crafted from cocoa beans from Madagascar and Venezuela – £13.50
- St James Two Tier Cake Stand: British made fine bone china decorated in the signature eau de nil colours – £125
- Amber Rose Votive Candle: Rose, jasmine, sandalwood and patchouli fragranced candle in a glass jar – £20
- Espresso Collection: Six espresso cups and saucers in a mix of colours featuring a gold fish-scale pattern which are made from Stoke-on-Trent fine bone china – £250
- Butter Biscuits Piccadilly Selection: Six delicious types of flavoured biscuits from the store’s own recipes presented in a stylish tin – £16.95
My Tips for Buying Christmas Gifts for Couples
If you’re looking for the perfect gift to buy your friends who are a couple, here are some recommendations. Steer away from anything too decorative like vases, ornaments, art or cushions because these are so dependent on personal taste that you might get it wrong. It’s better to select useful items which are also beautiful – think form and function. Alternatively, something that can be consumed is also a good idea like biscuits – but these should be premium and presented in a tin or exquisitely packaged.
- Couples who like an alcoholic beverage or two: Wine glasses, carafe, decanter, bottle opener or cork screw
- Couples who love hosting dinner parties: Cheese board, table cloths, napkins or serving dishes
- Couples who love tea: Tea set and premium tea leaves
- Couples who are difficult to buy for: Scented candles or diffusers, premium packaged food gifts like chocolates or biscuits
Where to buy Christmas Gifts for Couples
If you like any of the products I’ve showcased in this article, you can purchase from the websites below.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: The Conran Shop, Houseology, Twinings Teashop and Fortnum & Mason. Disclosure: This feature includes the following affiliate partners – The Conran Shop, Houseology, Twinings Teashop and Fortnum & Mason (if you click through from my website and purchase items from the affiliates I will earn a small commission).