Finding ways to pass the time while Coronavirus Social Distancing: I am by no means trying to make light of the Coronavirus situation. I wanted to share some practical social distancing lifestyle swaps, which may help you pass the time without getting too bored if you are spending more time at home. We were becoming more social with the rise of food halls, co-working spaces and co-habiting residences. What a pity that many of us feel the need to keep our distance from friends, family and colleagues. Hopefully, it will not be too long before we are back to normal. In the meantime, here are a few Coronavirus social distancing lifestyle swaps which may be of interest or not! Most of these things I’m doing, like tackling the long list of odd jobs, sorting out my paperwork and trying some new recipes.
Learn a new crafting skill, embroidery kit from notonthehighstreet.com
It is the ideal time to do something you always wanted to. Read that book you meant to read. Take an online tutorial, such as learning a language. Try crafting; knitting, sewing, embroidery, or making jewellery. Using your time productively could help you from feeling less isolated and might relieve the boredom.
Coronavirus Social Distancing Lifestyle Swaps
1. If you don’t fancy going to the cinema, you could watch that box set you’ve never got around to seeing. Perhaps it’s time to commit to Game of Thrones or another epic series like The Walking Dead. Consider joining Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV and other streaming websites. Stream films from cinema websites, for example, we regularly go to Curzon to watch movies who have a streaming service.
2. If you don’t want to eat at a food hall or restaurant, but you can still support your favourite restaurant by ordering a takeaway from them. It may be time to try out a few new recipes or order a recipe kit delivery service.
3. Instead of going to the pub, try making cocktails at home or brewing your beer.
4. Do your grocery shopping in the evening when the supermarkets are quieter. Ordering groceries online is another option.
5. The gym may not be appealing at the moment. Try a work-out on Youtube or play a tune every hour and dance around the living room. Walk at night when the streets are less busy or take back street routes.
Try cooking something new at home, cupcake kit from notonthehighstreet.com
6. If you are working from home rather than going into the office, it might feel lonely, but you could always Skype a colleague for a catch-up.
7. If you need to commute to work, try walking, cycling or skateboarding instead of getting public transport.
8. If you have boxset overload, take a break and tackle those home improvements you have put off and attend to them whether its changing light bulbs or fixing broken cupboards.
9. Instead of making excuses that you are too busy, you can now catch up on your paperwork like your taxes, switching energy suppliers, looking for cheaper home insurance, etc.
10. If you’ve put the cleaner on hold or you now have more time at home, spring cleaning might be a good use of time. Give your home a spring clean using anti-bacterial cleaning products. Don’t forget to wipe door handles, light switches and clean your computer keyboard and the TV remote control while you’re at it. Read my Ten Wardrobe Decluttering Tips and Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips, which might be useful.
Coronavirus Social Distancing Support Network
You might not be seeing your friends or family in person as frequently, but you can still stay in touch whether that’s via social media, calling, texting or Skyping. Be mindful of those living on their own and check-in with these people daily to make sure they are well. Stay safe and help keep others.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: notonthehighstreet: The featured image shows The Vegan Curry Kit by Tyga. Other pictures are the Succulents Embroidery Craft Kit by Hawhtorn Handmade and Vegan Baking Kit by A Kind Mama Vegan Bakery. Disclosure: This feature includes the following affiliate partners – notonthehighstreet.com (if you click through from my website and purchase items from the affiliates, I will earn a small commission).