How To Fill Your Home With Floral Patterns: Fabulous floral patterns are a quick way to liven up your interiors. I’ve detailed ten ways to fill your home with floral patterns to help you embrace flower power. My list includes fresh flowers, realistic-looking artificial blooms, pretty pattern wallpaper, delightful window dressings and adorable home accessories. Whether you want a quick floral fix by adding a couple of cushions or you go bold with a statement sofa, it’s time to flirt with florals.
- Display fresh flowers
- Fake it with artificial flowers
- Put up a floral bath shower curtain
- Hang flower pattern wallpaper
- Dress your windows with floral roller blinds or curtains
- Treat yourself to a flirty floral duvet set
- Make a statement with a floral upholstered sofa or accent chair
- Hang flower-inspired art
- Add a few floral print home accessories
- Dine in style with floral tableware
Bluebellgray Taransay Duvet, £135 for double from Amara (product code: TARANSA-QCS-UKD)
Ten Ways To Fill Your Home With Floral Patterns
1. Fresh Flowers: The best way to bring flowers into your home is with the fresh variety. Cut beautiful blooms from your garden or treat yourself to a bunch from a local market or subscribe to a letterbox delivery service. Seasonal flowers are the best option, be mindful to keep the colours coordinated with your interior décor and present in a simple glass vase.
Summer Flower Letterbox Gift, £22 from Marks and Spencer UK
2. Faux Flowers: If you can’t afford fresh flowers, artificial flowers are a great option, and they can look very realistic if you invest in quality arrangements. The collection by Diane James at LuxDeco is stunning, comprising of pink peonies, hydrangeas, orchids and other fabulous flowers.
Premium Artificial Flowers by Diane James from LuxDeco
3. Bath Shower Curtain: Replace a dull shower curtain with a floral pattern alternative to give your bathroom an instant floral fix. You will find plenty of flower designs available via Amazon. If you don’t need a shower curtain, try decorative pattern towels, bathroom accessories, window dressings or tiles.
Green Leaf and Flower Bath Shower Curtain, £15.99 from Jotom at Amazon UK (product code: B07K2MTC3J)
4. Wallpaper: If you want to go all out on filling your home with floral patterns, you can hang wallpaper in the living room, dining room or bedroom. Moody florals are trending for 2020, but if you don’t like dark colours, duck egg is a pretty pastel option. Graham & Brown is a beautiful website to browse floral wallpaper patterns.
Flourish Duck Egg Wallpaper, £60 per roll from Graham & Brown (product code: 105761)
5. Window Dressings: For those who prefer painted walls, you can liven up a room with either a flower printed roller blind or curtains. When you fancy a change, you can replace window dressings quickly enough.
Aura Grey Ditsy Floral Eyelet Curtains, £16-48 sale price from Dunelm
6. Bedding: Replace duvet covers with flower power designs. Plenty of duvet cover sets have matching curtains and cushions so you can go all out on the pattern coordination. If you prefer plain bedding, you can always add a few floral cushions instead.
V&A Peony Blossom Duvet Cover Set, £45-86.25 from Bedeck Home (product code: 1QCSPEOS1SIL-C)
7. Seating: A floral pattern upholstered sofa or accent armchair is the best way to make a statement in your living room. If you don’t want to replace existing seating perhaps add a floral footstool, cushions or a throw instead. Reupholstering your existing sofa or favourite armchair is an option, try Plumbs, they have a wide choice of fabrics, or you can purchase your own and ask them to reupholster the seating for you.
Rug Printed Sofa, £1698 from Anthropologie (product code: 4528088310181)
8. Art: Hanging a floral canvas on your wall is a lovely way to bring flowers into your home. Hang decorative art in the bedroom, living room, dining room, home office or hallway and you will have something pleasing to admire every day.
Carolynne Coulson Sakura Spring Acrylic Painting, £250 from Artfinder
9. Home Accessories: Add a selection of pretty floral accessories to your home, including cushions, throws, lampshades and rugs.
Voyage Maison Dusky Blooms Cushion, £48 from Amara (product code: C190025)
10. Tableware: Freshen up your dining table with floral dinnerware, placemats, mugs, cake-stands and other pretty pieces.
Purple Wallflower Collection from Emma Bridgewater
How To Fill Your Home With Floral Patterns Post Credits
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: Amara, Marks and Spencer, LuxDeco, Amazon UK, Graham & Brown, Dunelm, Bedeck Home, Anthropologie, Artfinder and Emma Bridgewater. Disclosure: This feature includes the following affiliate partners – Amara, Marks and Spencer, LuxDeco, Amazon UK, Graham & Brown, Dunelm, Bedeck Home, Plumbs, Anthropologie, Artfinder and Emma Bridgewater (if you click through from my website and purchase items from the affiliates, I will earn a small commission).
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- How To Fill Your Home With Floral Patterns
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: