Industrial style bedroom and loft lovers will just swoon over the Baxter Collection from Lombok. It cleverly combines industrial chic with reclaimed rusticity for an ascetically pleasing collection of bedroom furniture. The offering includes; loft-style bed, free-standing wardrobe, 4 drawer chest, tallboy chest of drawers, 3 drawer bedside cabinet and a wooden blanket box. This could be the industrial style bedroom you’ve been dreaming about.
Baxter Square 4 Drawer Chest from Lombok
Industrial style bedroom Furniture Collection
The Baxter collection comes in two options, I’ll be showing you the Square selection but there is also a Round version if you’d prefer softer edges. What I love about this range is that it incorporates the rawness of steel with the tactile nature of reclaimed pine wood. The end result is a much gentler finish so it doesn’t appear too harsh in a bedroom set. Let’s take a look at the pieces available starting with the loft-style bed. The reclaimed pine wooden boards are featured on the headboard in a square panel. With a metal-edged frame, this bed has a simple, yet striking design. It’s available in double, king and super king sizes – £995, £1095, £1195.
Baxter Square Loft Style Bed from Lombok
The free-standing wardrobe has two doors and inside you get a hanging rail plus a shelf. A metal trim runs around the edges to neatly encase the reclaimed wood. The unit rests upon metal legs for an elegant appearance. The measurements are 200cm high, 95cm long and 60cm wide – £1395.
Baxter Square Free Standing Wardrobe from Lombok
In terms of drawer storage, you have a few options ranging from a chest of drawers to a tallboy and bedside tables. These all feature metal trimming around the drawers, metal feet and handles which complement the reclaimed pine. If you do have the room then the 4 drawer chest is just fabulous. You get 2 large and 2 small drawers. The top surface can be used as a television stand if required. The measurements are 90cm high, 150cm long and 55cm wide – £1095.
Baxter Square 4 Drawer Chest from Lombok
A tallboy chest of drawers is always a useful storage idea if you are lacking on floor space. This one has five drawers so you get plenty of storage room for your lingerie and hosiery. The measurements are 110cm high, 60cm long and 55cm wide – £595.
Baxter Square Tallboy Chest of Drawers from Lombok
The 3 drawer bedside cabinets are handy for storing books, iPads and anything else you want to keep close by. Pop a vintage brass style industrial lamp on top to complete the look. The measurements are 60cm high, 50cm long and 50cm wide – £395.
Baxter Square 3 Drawer Bedside Cabinet from Lombok
The wooden blanket box is a nice addition if you have the room. These are ideal for stowing away your bedding or out of season clothing. You can also use as a television stand or a seat. The measurements are 45cm high, 100cm long and 45cm wide – £695.
Baxter Square Wooden Blanket Box from Lombok
The furniture is delivered ready assembled which is great news for any DIY avoiders. However, you do need to check that the furniture will fit through your doorway and up any staircase. So get your measuring tapes out!
Complete the Industrial Style Bedroom Look
If you are going all out on the industrial bedroom interior then you’ll need to complete the look. Here are my top ten tips …
- Floor: Reclaimed wooden floors are always beautiful but be careful to match the colour tones with any wooden furniture you are buying. Otherwise, it’s like the double denim in fashion terms which isn’t a good idea. One option is to buy a beautiful rug which can cover most of the floor area. This will add texture and warmth to the bedroom and disguise any mismatching wood colours. I’d recommend a natural texture with natural colour tones and no pattern. Alternatively, paint your floorboards with a black, light grey or white colour wash
- Walls: Bare brick walls, naked plaster or white painted walls are preferable for a minimal appearance
- Lights: Vintage style metal lamps on bedside cabinets are ideal and simple white pendant shades in a large size
- Windows: Dress with a simple plain colour roller blinds
- Art: Urban or abstract art would be great and you don’t have to hang up your canvases either, just lean then against the wall
- Mirror: Large mirror with metal surround or an old frame with paint peeling off. Casually lean your mirror against the wall
- Bedding: Good quality white bedding or very subtle tones. Go for texture to add interest, so a tactile throw would be wonderful
- Plants: Cactus plants are trending right now and look quite striking in an industrial setting; you can have fun and pick out something with a phallic shape!
- Decorative Objects: Collect decorative objects from junk shops, think curiosity, battered and worn items with interest but don’t overdo it
- Minimal: Don’t clutter the room with furniture or objects; keep it sparse which means less dusting!
Where to Buy Industrial Style Bedroom Furniture
All these furniture pieces are available from Lombok Link (Affiliate Link). This retailer is known for its eastern-inspired furniture offering. Their new collections now incorporate industrial and rustic styles. They offer high quality and well-designed furniture, lighting and home accessories. The focus is on using premium natural materials and handmade techniques to make the best furniture they can whilst respecting the environment. The product offering is extensive and exquisite so do take time to browse the website.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: Lombok. Thanks: No one assisted me with this feature.