Here are my Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips for anyone who wants to give their home a thorough clean. Now spring has arrived (The astronomical spring begins on 20 March 2019 and ends on 21 June 2019), my Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips might be very handy!
Garden Trading Workshop Dustpan Small in Charcoal from Dunelm
Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips
1. Prepare by deciding how and when you are going to tackle the spring cleaning, and put the date(s) in your diary.
2. Buy all the necessary items to do the job, including cleaning products, cloths, feather dusters, mop and bucket, etc.
3. Declutter your home first to get rid of anything you don’t want to keep, broken objects, furniture and rubbish.
4. Look up at the ceiling, tackle any cobwebs forming in the corners, and vacuum them away using an extension nozzle. Also, dust the pendant light shades.
5. Move furniture in each room to clean behind and underneath, don’t forget to wipe these items of furniture down while you’re at it.
Garden Trading Galvanised Dustpan and Brush from Dunelm
6. Pay attention to your floors which might need a vacuum, steam clean or mop and wipe down the skirting boards.
7. Clean your windows inside and out which, includes the frames.
8. Wipe over all your internal and external doors and polish the handles.
9. Give your kitchen a deep clean, including the oven, hob, fridge, cupboards and behind the kickboards.
10. Give your bathrooms a thorough clean, including the tiles and grout lines, the extractor fan, bathroom suite and storage cupboards.
During the flu season and if there is a virus alert, use anti-bacterial cleaning products to wipe door handles, light switches and taps. Buy specialist products to clean your computer keyboard and the remote control.
Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips Advice
Garden Trading Wash Up Tidy in Chalk from Dunelm
Spring cleaning your house doesn’t have to be a chore. Sure no one likes cleaning, but you can get yourself organised, and you’ll feel happier about that. If you have a small apartment, you could do your spring cleaning in one go. If you have a large property, perhaps you should think about splitting up this task. You could either tackle one room before you move on to the next. Or you might prefer to put aside a portion of your time and do what you can. Whatever works for you is fine. If you have one particularly daunting room, you should start there to get it completed. Then the next room is going to be a lot easier! Reward yourself with something lovely when you’ve finished the job.
You may be interested in reading about more Home Ideas and looking at pictures on my Pinterest Boards.
Ten Home Spring Cleaning Tips Post Credits
Author: Homegirl London. Thanks: No one assisted with this feature. Photographs: Garden Trading and featured image from Dunelm.