London Guide: Ten Things To Do In Battersea. If you want to watch Battersea Power Station undergoing a major transformation, hang out in Battersea Park and stroll by the River Thames, this part of South West London is for you. For an enjoyable day out read my Ten Things to do in Battersea and you’ll have a great time.
Ten Things To Do In Battersea London List
10 Things To Do In Battersea London
1. Watch the transformation of Battersea Power Station
2. Hang out in beautiful Battersea Park
3. Take your children to the famous Battersea Park Kids Zoo
4. Stroll along the banks of the River Thames
5. Shop and eat along Northcote Road
6. Buy something old from the Northcote Road Antiques Market
7. Eat delicious food at the French Deli Boutique on Webb’s Road.
8. Buy fabulous furniture from Loaf or Barker and Stonehouse
9. Rummage around the car boot sale at Battersea Boot
10. Adopt a pet from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
Ten Things To Do In Battersea London Details
1. Battersea Power Station: This Grade II* listed iconic building is being brought back to life with apartments, restaurants, shops and cultural spaces. A cinema, brewery, hairdressers, general store and eateries are already open with more to come.
Battersea Power Station: 188 Kirtling Street, SW8 5BN
2. Battersea Park: Located on the South Bank of the River Thames lies this glorious 200-acre green space. There are many amenities here which includes the Pump House Gallery, Gardens, Bandstand, Boating Lake, Cafes and the beautiful Peace Pergola.
Battersea Park: SW11 4NJ
3. Battersea Park Kids Zoo: This lovely little zoo keeps mammals, reptiles and birds. It has been specially designed with children in mind with an educational slant.
Battersea Park Kids Zoo: Battersea Park, SW11 4NJ
4. River Thames Walk: While you’re visiting Battersea Park you can admire the Thames.
Thames River: Battersea
5. Northcote Road Shops and Restaurants: This street is packed full of independent eateries, coffee shops, bars and restaurants. You will also find fashion boutiques, gift shops and a few homeware stores.
Northcote Road: SW11 6RE
6. Northcote Road Antiques Market: You will find 30 antique and vintage dealers under one roof selling everything from furniture to homeware, artwork, clothing and jewellery.
Northcote Road Antiques Market: 155a Northcote Road, SW11 6QB
7. French Deli Boutique Webb’s Road: Located close to Northcote Road is a village like street with a few independent eateries and shops. The Deli Boutique will help you forget that you are actually in London.
Deli Boutique: 32 Webb’s Road, SW11 6SF
8. Loaf / Barker and Stonehouse: These two stores have big showrooms located in Battersea. Both sell armchairs, sofas, dining tables and chairs, bedroom furniture and more.
Loaf Showroom: 255-259 Queenstown Road, SW8 3NP
9. Battersea Boot: If you prefer to buy something second hand, you will have fun searching the stalls at this large car boot sale. It’s held on Sundays from 1.30pm-5pm.
Battersea Boot: Harris Academy, 401 Battersea Park Road, SW11 5AP
10. Battersea Dogs and Cats Home: If you want a furry friend to look after and believe you can give a cat or dog a home with heart, make an appointment at this famous pet shelter.
Ten Things To Do In Battersea London Information
Battersea is in South West London near Clapham and Wandsworth. You can travel to this area via Battersea Park Station (near Battersea Power Station and the Park), Queens Road Station or Clapham Junction (near Northcote Road). Clapham Common and Wandsworth Common are within walking distance. Enjoy your visit.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: Homegirl London. Battersea Boot image from their website.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Ten Things To Do In Battersea London
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: