London Guide: Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common. This is a lovely part of South West London to explore thanks to the expansive common and independent eateries. Read my Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common if you want to explore London more.
Clapham Common Pond
Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common List
10 Things To Do Near Clapham Common
1. Do something sporty on Clapham Common
2. Listen to a live music at the Clapham Common Bandstand
3. Get involved in the local veg growing scheme at Bandstand Beds
4. Visit the beautiful Holy Trinity Church
5. Eat weekend brunch at one of the eateries in Clapham Old Town
6. Buy delicious food from Venn Street Market
7. View impressive art at Studio Voltaire
8. Enjoy a reimagined classic play at the Omnibus Theatre
9. Watch an art house movie at the Clapham Picture House
10. Admire the abandoned Clapham Orangery
Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common Details
1. Clapham Common: This large 220 acres of green space is perfect for fitness fanatics. You can walk, jog, run, cycle or play a team sport – football, tennis, basketball and cricket.
Clapham Common: Windmill Drive, SW4 9DE
2. Clapham Common Bandstand: In the Summer you can catch live musicians at the Victorian bandstand. Make sure you get yourself a deckchair so you can relax and have an afternoon nap.
Clapham Common Bandstand: Clapham Common, SW4 9DE
3. Bandstand Beds: At Clapham Common (not far from the Bandstand) you will find a lovely allotment. This is a community space where you can get your hands dirty and find out more about growing food. They also have a shipping container café with a few benches.
Bandstand Beds: Windmill Drive, SW4 9DE
4. Holy Trinity Church: I’m not religious but do love a splendid looking church. This one is famous because it was associated with William Wilberforce and The Clapham Sect (founded by Henry Venn) who campaigned for the abolition of the slave trade.
Holy Trinity Church: Clapham Common North Side, Clapham, SW4 0QZ
5. Clapham Old Town Eateries: You are spoilt for choice with lovely cafes, coffee shops and restaurants here. A few places to check out include The Dairy, Counter Culture, Common, Megan’s Clapham, No.32 and Minnow. You can also eat pizza at Joe Public which is set inside a former public toilet. Read my review for The Dairy Restaurant in Clapham.
Common Café and Lifestyle Store: 17 The Pavement, Clapham, SW4 0HY
6. Venn Street Market: On Saturday a few stalls are set up on Venn Street selling fruit, veg, meat, fish, bread and flowers.
Venn Street Market: Venn Street, SW4 0AT
7. Studio Voltaire: This small gallery hosts some interesting art exhibitions which you can view for free. There is also a gift shop selling some lovely items.
Studio Voltaire: 1A Nelsons Row SW4 7JR
8. Omnibus Theatre: Contemporary storytelling is brought to life as they aim to give a voice to the underrepresented. With affordable ticket prices and influential patrons, this is a fringe theatre worth visiting.
Omnibus Theatre: 1 Clapham Common North Side, SW4 0QW
9. Clapham Picture House: Independent art house cinema with bar and pies by Pieminister located on Venn Street.
Clapham Picture House: 76 Venn Street, SW4 0AT
10. Clapham Orangery: While you are in the area you should pop along to view the orangery. It was built in 1793 by Dr William Burg which was part of an estate with a lake which belonged to the Thornton family. It is now surrounded by a housing estate and looks really out of place. It’s a beautiful structure so it is worth seeking out.
Clapham Orangery: 51-63 Worsopp Drive SW4 9RE
Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common London Information
Clapham covers a large area with a few different train and tube stations. This list contains things to do near Clapham Common station. If you walk across the Common you can explore a couple of interesting shopping streets. Webb’s Road (in Battersea) has a village feel with a few shops, French deli and cafes. Northcote Road (in Battersea) is near Clapham Junction station where you will find coffee shops, eateries, fashion shops and the Northcote Antiques Market. For more pictures of the area take a look at my Love Clapham London Pinterest Board.
Author: Homegirl London. Photographs: Homegirl London.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Ten Things To Do Near Clapham Common
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: