Ten Luxury Interior Design Tips For Homes: Living in the lap of luxury might be much easier to achieve that you think. For the luxe look let in natural light, lay a lovely wooden floor and install your dream kitchen. I’ve put together a list of ten luxury interior design tips for homes to help you on your way. If you are working within a budget, you can be creative with these recommendations. For example, upgrading your interior door handles, paying attention to the lighting can or using a neutral colour palette can make all the difference.
Ten Luxury Interior Design Tips For Homes
1. Lift your mood with lighting: Cox Jones Interiors, the leading interior design practice in Birmingham and Manchester, recommends flooding your home with daylight to give your interiors an instant lift and enhance your mood. Bi-fold patio doors, extra-large windows and skylights will help bring natural light inside. If your home is dark, you can install ‘natural’ bulbs to give the illusion of daylight. Remote controlled lighting is an excellent idea for gadget lovers. Dimmable lighting is ideal if you want to relax in the evenings. Ceiling downlights are popular for contemporary homes. If you’re going to add a focal point, hang a stunning chandelier or pendant light. Hotels often use floor and table lamps instead of ceiling lights which is ideal for the bedroom.
Plane Chandelier from Tom Dixon (Affiliate Link and Picture Link)
2. Move around your home with ease by reconfiguring the layout: Open up the internal space by removing walls or relocating the staircase. The area flow should be effortless.
3. Feel a quality surface beneath your feet: Installing a beautiful wooden floor using planks or parquet flooring is worth every penny. If you are using tiles in the kitchen or bathroom, consider placing underfloor heating for warmth. If you prefer carpet, neutral colours look more sophisticated. Luxury rugs can be used to add warmth and interest to a large room.
Souk Rug by West Elm at John Lewis & Partners (Affiliate Link and Picture Link)
4. Add value to your home by investing in a dream kitchen and bathroom: Beautiful kitchens and bathrooms sell houses, so this is where you should spend the bulk of your budget. If you are short on cash, buy a premium kitchen countertop which you can pair with inexpensive cabinets. Contemporary bathroom tiles arranged in a stylish pattern can transform a simple white bathroom suite. If you have space, opt for a wet room for the wow factor.
Belle de Louvain Galvez Metallic Effect Free Standing Bath from VictoriaPlum (Affiliate Link and Picture Link)
5. Appreciate a flawless finish with professionally decorated interiors: If you can afford professional decorators, it is undoubtedly worth the investment. Walls and woodwork can look amazing if they are correctly prepared and painted. A neutral colour palette is elegant, timeless and calming. You will find plenty of paint colours at Designerpaint (Affiliate Link). Add interest and pops of colour with home accessories, decorative objects and works of art.
6. Send out quality signals with fabulous fixtures and fittings: Even if you are refurbishing your home on a budget, purchase stylish door handles, electrical sockets and light switches. These little touches make a big difference to the overall appearance of the interiors.
7. Be comfortable by investing in premium furniture and furnishings: Buying a quality sofa, iconic designer lounge chair or king-size bed are worth it. Focus on opulent materials such as velvet for sofas, silk for curtains, Egyptian cotton for bedding and wool for rugs.
Eaton Right Hand Facing Corner Sofa from Heal’s (Affiliate Link and Picture Link)
8. Feel relaxed by hiding all clutter from sight: Install floor to ceiling storage cupboards so that you can put away anything that isn’t aesthetically pleasing or not in daily use. Fitted wardrobes and walk-in closets are excellent for displaying your garments in an orderly fashion.
9. Make your life easier with smart home solutions: App controlled lighting, room temperature, window blinds, security alarm, video doorbell and other systems can help you feel secure and in control.
Talamo Super King Bed from The Conran Shop (Affiliate Link and Picture Link)
10. Entertain yourself with an in-home cinema: If you have a second living room, you could transform this into a cinema or a place to hang out with your friends to play table tennis, pool or snooker. If you can’t afford top-end gadgets, transform the space into a minimal yoga studio or meditation room instead.
Ten Luxury Interior Design Tips For Homes Post Credits
Author: Homegirl London who is self-isolating at home with her laptop! Photographs: The featured image shows the Hudson Reed Wall Fixed Wet Room Screen from Sanctuary Bathrooms (Affiliate Link). Additional pictures from The Conran Shop, Tom Dixon, John Lewis & Partners, VictoriaPlum and Heal’s. Disclosure: This feature includes a Sponsored Link/Advertising from Cox Jones Interiors and includes the following affiliate partner links – Sanctuary Bathrooms, The Conran Shop, Tom Dixon, John Lewis & Partners, VictoriaPlum, Designerpaint and Heal’s (if you click through from my website and purchase items from the affiliates, I will earn a small commission).
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Ten Luxury Interior Design Tips For Homes
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: